Thursday, April 6, 2017

Book Club Thursday: Remember When April 6, 2017



Hi Readers! Spring is here and I thank you for joining my good friends and I here at BCT each week. This week, we REMEMBER WHEN different things about our bookish past. 
     Some of our favorite authors have been around for decades. Many started with category romances, paving the way for the freedoms that romance authors have today. There were different reasons for having a pseudonym or pen name. Some authors wrote for more than one publisher, and some would use the pen name for different genres. I have many fun memories of hunting down the backlist of authors with their various names in many a used book store with my friends through the years. So this week, I am sharing a nostalgic look at older covers with the pen names of some of my favorite longtime authors when they first started out. 






Can you guess who?  Sandra Brown
*

Yep, It's Janet Evanovich
*

Carla Neggers
*

Good author, but I hate this cover!


Barbara Delinsky
*

Diana Palmer
*

Sherryl Woods
*



A very hard book to find. At one time book dealers were asking $3,000 for a mint copy. MacFadden Publisher's used a very acidic paper and many of the books became yellow and fragile.


My favorite comfort read author-Jayne Ann Krentz. I think she has a couple more pseudonyms, too!
*


For some reason, the British publisher wanted her to be called Sarah Hardesty. You may know her as Nora Roberts!


I like Nora better!
*






April 13th-Clearing Off The Bookshelves


4 comments:

  1. Fun post this week! I knew most of those but not all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about Nora's. I had heard about it a long time ago and finally looked it up. That's the good thing about the internet,lol!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy those covers look so old! Sad thing is I have so many of them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete