Thursday, April 20, 2017

Book Club Thursday: COVER TALK April 20th



Hi Readers! Thanks for joining us this week for Book Club Thursday. My friends and fellow BCT bloggers Ann and Cyndi and I are hoping that you will enjoy our Cover Talk this month.
     Covers are the first impression of what we see on our selection of books. A cover has to be eye catching in order to get you to pick it up to read the blurb or glance inside. A rustic scene, a puppy or kitten, a cityscape, or a good-looking model.  Some are cute and some are so-so. Some don't even fit the description of what's inside. I love good cover art and bought many a book because of that eye-catching cover. Covers are part of the overall reading package.
     For COVER TALK, we at BCT are doing a fun round robin of covers. First, we will each put up a cover without the title or author, but you must guess which book it is because one of the other bloggers will have the whole cover and info on their blog. I will have Cyndi's (Born to Read Books cover pick, Ann will have my cover pick (The Many Faces of Romance), and Cyndi will have Ann's (Romancing the Readers) cover pick. Have fun and see if if you can guess the books the covers belongs to. And please tell us what you think of this feature!



My pick looks a little dated now, but I know that some of my friends and I took a second look when this book was released. Does it look familiar to you? You can find out Ann's Romancing the Readers.





Cyndi's Pick-Born to Read Books
FRENCH SILK by Sandra Brown





Like the city of New Orleans itself, Claire Laurent is a vibrant beauty laced with a mysterious elusiveness. The founder of French Silk, a fabulous lingerie company, she has fought hard to make it a worldwide success. Then a TV evangelist attacks French Silk's erotic sleepwear as sinful. And when he is killed, Claire becomes the prime suspect.

District Attorney Robert Cassidy knows Claire is damning herself with lie after lie about the murder, even as he feels her drawing him into her world and her very soul. But neither Cassidy nor her protests of innocence can save Claire unless she reveals a shocking truth -- one she has sworn to take to the grave...
 




This is the cover from my paperback copy in 1992




















April 27th: Reading Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hee Hee! I know she changed the cover for the ebook version.

      Delete
  2. I loved your pick. Wish she wrote more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It would have been a fun series.

      Delete