Thursday, March 16, 2017

Book Club Thursday:Free Day March 2017





Hi Readers! Book Club Thursday is back this week and my friends and fellow BCT bloggers and I are sharing our FREE DAY with you. When we have our Free Day, we blog about whatever we wish on a book related subject. Thanks for joining us.

Have you ever had a book keep that you have read keep popping up in your mind weeks later? Or months? WORTH THE WAIT is that book for me. Author Claudia Connor writes a hard-hitting emotional story that I will never forget anytime soon.





He broke her heart. When he finds out just how badly, it will break his too. 

Nick Walker found the love of his life when he was just nineteen.

Found her.
Loved her.
Lost her.


It's been ten years since Nick watched the only woman he ever loved walk out of his life. Now this FBI Special Agent will do anything to win her back.

But it won’t be easy…

Mia’s heart was shattered by Nick. They'll have to face their painful past if they want a future, including Mia's own secret about that day it all fell apart. 

Do you believe in second chances?




Claudia Connor has become a favorite author of mine since I discovered her McKinney brothers series a few years back. Each story is a wonderful blend of new romance, humor, and family, but they are definitely not fluff. The stories also tackle some strong subjects that are full of emotion and grab you by the heart. WORTH THE WAIT is no exception. I read this story in early January of this year and I find myself still thinking about Nick and Mia months later.
     This story takes place over a couple of decades and flashes back from the past to the present day. Nick Walker steps up to take care of his younger siblings after the death of their parents, at the age of nineteen. He takes over as over-protective father bear to three teen-age brothers and a two year old sister. He meets Mia and she brings a sweet spirit to his life. They are together for over a decade, even when Mia goes to another city for her education. Together, they keep his family together. Unfortunately, something terrible happens and it tears the couple apart. What should have been a disagreement on how to handle the situation becomes a wedge that parts the couple for another twelve years. You literally see Nick shut down and give up on the happiness he had with Mia.
     Did I hate Nick? Never. I was disappointed in him, but I thought Ms Connor presented a realistic look at life when it seems like more than you can handle. Nick had the weight of the world on his shoulders for so long. Unfortunately, he let the woman he loved down in a big way. Fate just kept putting a wedge between them. Years later, his siblings have grown and moved on, but he still is a protective force in their lives, especially his sister Hannah and her fiance Stephen McKinney. He is more caustic when he discovers that Hannah has been in touch with Mia. You discover more about Mia during those long years and the wounds finally begin to heal between Mia and Nick. 
     Now, I am not saying this story was a downer. Life is like a roller coaster for all of us at times. The scenes with Nick and Stephen butting heads are so funny. I love the way Claudia Connor writes, she really draws you into her characters and you feel their emotions, their pain, and their happiness. I love the McKinney/Walker books and it is difficult to pick a favorite. I do know that I was on pins and needles waiting for the HEA of  another couple of people that I cared about because of Ms Connor's heartfelt writing. I read this story in one day because I couldn't put it down and I can't wait for more stories in the future.















March 23rd-READING CHALLENGE

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one. I like her books very much. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never read her. But there are plenty of books that have stuck with me long after I've turned the last page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never read her. But there are plenty of books that have stuck with me long after I've turned the last page.

    ReplyDelete