Thursday, December 8, 2016

Book Club Thursday:Free Day December 2016


Hi Readers! Thank you for joining us here for Book Club Thursday. It's the holiday season and I can't believe how fast the year has gone. Thanks for joining my good friends and fellow bloggers at BCT as we bring you the last FREE DAY of 2016.
      It's the Christmas season so I wanted to read something Christmasy (I hope that's a word,lol) and what can be more warm and fuzzy than a romantic story featuring puppies and children? Well, in this case one puppy and one little girl. My pick-BORDER COLLIE CHRISTMAS by Nancy Warren. It is the first novella in a quartet of four short stories featuring the love story of Erin and Jared who meet at Christmas.
     

BORDER COLLIE CHRISTMAS
Author: Nancy Warren




When Erin Nash hears a baby crying outside her door on a cold December night, the baby she discovers is a lost puppy with a red, and very wet and dirty, Christmas bow still hanging around its neck. When she attempts to unite the dog with his owner, she meets Jared a man trying to raise a-five-year old daughter, Sadie, alone. Jared begins to rethink the wisdom of getting his daughter a puppy for Christmas. She’s already lost her mother, what if she lost the puppy as well? As Erin and Jared get to know each other, one small Border Collie with a big personality and no name, begins to unite two hurting people.


BORDER COLLIE CHRISTMAS is a sweet and heartwarming tale, perfect for a cozy evening curled up in a favorite chair with something warm to drink. It's the story of Erin and Jared, two people who have both experienced loss, brought together by a puppy.
     Erin makes jewelry and ignores Christmas. One night she discovers a cold and wet puppy crying outside her home. This brings her to find the puppies owner, a widower named Jared who bought the pup for his little girl.
     I bought this story because I wanted a sweet holiday read. Nancy Warren is a longtime favorite author and the description of the story called to me. The story brings two lonely people together at Christmas thru a cute puppy. It is a heartwarming tale as Erin, Jared and his little girl find a new beginning and a chance to heal and find love again. When I bought this, I didn't know that it was part of a four book set of stories  from a series called A Romance in Four Seasons and show how Erin and Jared's love story blossoms over four holidays thru the coming year. So while they have the promise of a new love at Christmas, there is more to their road until they find their happily ever after. I haven't read the other stories yet, but I plan to. The second story takes place at Valentine's day.

The next stories are:




Links:









I hope you enjoyed this week's Free Day Pick. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you can join us next week, December 15th, when we will be reviewing an anthology PET TAGS for our joint Holiday read. Until then, Happy Reading! 









4 comments:

  1. This looks very cute! I love holiday stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I didn't know that it was part of a series until I finished it last night.

      Delete
  2. I read this. I really liked it and thought it was sweet too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this. I really liked it and thought it was sweet too

    ReplyDelete