Tuesday, November 29, 2016




 

                 MISTLETOE,MISCHIEF,AND THE MARQUIS

Amelia Grey
E-Original Published by Swerve
Releasing: November 29,2016
ISBN: 9781250141170
$1.99


The Marquis of Wythebury, is expecting an ordinary Christmastide at Hurst—until he is set upon by a beautiful miss who takes him to task for not allowing his young nephews to play outside. In his mind, a five and seven year old needn’t get chilled in the snow; better to plop them in front of the fire with a book. Few people have ever been brave enough to challenge him over anything, much less the rearing of his wards. The cheeky Miss Prim has no such compunction. No matter how fetching he finds her, he can’t give in to his attraction…for she is the sister of his best friend.


Growing up the middle child of five rambunctious girls, Lillian Prim doesn’t understand why two young boys visiting Hurst don’t know how to play until she meets their dashing guardian. The Marquis of Wythebury is commanding and intensely serious-minded. To her surprise, she’s captivated by him. It’s all she can do not to give into her feminine fantasies about him kissing him. Lillian has no intention of falling in love with the Marquis, but she will create Christmastide mischief and teach the boys and the handsome Marquis how to play.



And it started with a snowball!
     I have always had Amelia Grey on my radar and what better time time to try a new-to-me author than at Christmas? MISTLETOE, MISCHIEF, and the MARQUIS is a breezy and happy novella full of love and Christmas spirit.
     Lillian last name is Prim, but she is anything but. She has a zest for life which she shares with two sweet little boys whose parents have died of illness and their governess is ill as well. She has volunteered to help care for the boys at the holiday house party at her brother-in-law's home and can't believe how much school work the boys are expected to do, especially since they are only 5 and 7 years old. So for a break, she takes the boys outdoors to have fun in the snow. 
     The boys uncle, the marquis is horrified when he sees them having a snowball fight. Seth's heart is in the right place, but he is overprotective. Lillian actually has to barter some fun time for the boys. Staid as he is, Seth is enchanted by the feisty woman who had the audacity to hit him with a snowball. He thinks she is cheeky, but he can't stop thinking about her.
     This is a heartwarming feel good story and I loved the playfulness of it. I also loved the chemistry between Lillian and Seth as she taught the oh so serious man to let go and have fun once in awhile. MISTLETOE, MISCHIEF, and the MARQUIS is what a holiday romance is all about, the warm and fuzzy good feeling of love and joy at Christmas!
     

     She retraced her steps down the dimly lit corridor.  When she rounded the corner that 
went into the sitting room at the top of the stairs, she stopped.  The Marquis leaned 
casually against one of the chairs.  There were no lamps burning in the sitting area, just 
light from corridor that bridged one section of the house to the other, but she could see 
well enough to know he was staring at her.  And, she’d swear to anyone that he was 
looking like he wanted to kiss her. 
     “My lord, what are you doing here?”
     He straightened from the chair and stood before her.  “I could ask you the same 
question.” 
     “I went to check on Fallon.  I hope you don’t mind.  I wanted to make sure he didn’t 
have a—“ She stopped and bit down on her bottom lip.
     “You have a habit of not finishing your sentences, Lillian.”
     “With you, I’m always afraid I will say something I’ll regret.”
     He huffed a grunt.  “You?  Regret something you’ve said to me?  I don’t believe that 
could happen.”
     At times, he could make her smile without trying.  “I might have regretted it if I’d told 
you what I wanted to this afternoon.”
     “So you have no remorse for calling me a worrywart, and there’s something worse you 
could have said.   Now, you have me curious.  What is it you might regret?”
     “You don’t want to know,” she said and started to walk past him, but he sidestepped 
 and blocked her way.
     “Oh, but I do.”
     “If you insist.”  She lifted her chin and said, “I was going to tell you that you are 
smothering the boys with your rigorous studies and your overly-cautious regimen of their 
play time.  You will end up hurting them more than you help them if you continue.”
     “Ah—smothering them, am I?” he said in a tone that held a tinge of humor.  “And 
 what exactly is it that you were doing when you came to check on Fallon tonight?”
     “I only wanted to make sure he was all right.  It’s not that I was particularly worried 
about him being sick once I knew his stomach was the problem and not a chill from his 
wet feet.”
     “So you came up to look in on him because you weren’t worried.  That makes no sense, 
Lillian.”
     “You worry enough for both of us.”
     He moved closer to her and lowered his voice even softer when he said, “You gave him 
kiss.”
     She gasped as he heart jumped up to her throat.  “You saw me?”
     He nodded.  “I decided to pass on the card games tonight and check on him, too 
because I was worried and wanted to make sure he hadn’t turned sick again.  I didn’t 
want to disturb your time with him so I waited here for you.  Why did you kiss him?”
     She nervously moistened her lips.  “I don’t know other than it seemed the right thing 
to do.  I know it was very forward of me and I shouldn’t have.”
     “I thought it was a sweet comforting gesture.”
     “You’re not upset with me?”
     “I appreciate all kindness shown to my nephews.” 
     His light green gaze swept up and down her face so gently all she wanted to do was 
say, “kiss me.”   She lowered her lashes so he couldn’t see her hunger for him and 
murmured, “I wish you hadn’t waited.”
     “Why?”
     Because she didn’t want to be alone with him.  She didn’t want to think about how 
despite her efforts, she had fallen in love with him and wanted to be caught up in his 
arms and swept away by his stirring kisses and caresses.
Author Bio:


New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Amelia Grey read her first romance book when she was thirteen. She’s been a devoted reader of love stories ever since. 

She is a two-time winner of the prestigious Booksellers Best Award, and she has also won the Aspen Gold, and Golden Quill awards. Writing as Gloria Dale Skinner, she won the coveted Romantic Times Award for Love and Laughter and the Maggie Award. Amelia’s books have been published in Europe, Indonesia, Turkey, Russia, and Japan. Several of her books have been featured in Doubleday and Rhapsody Book Clubs.

Amelia has been happily married to her high school sweetheart for over thirty-five years and she lives on the beautiful gulf coast of Northwest Florida.



Author Links:

                               Amelia Grey Website                                   

Buy Links:



1 comment: