Thursday, September 1, 2016

Book Club Thursday: Clearing Off the Shelves September 2016


Hi Readers! Time is speeding by and I can't believe that it is September already. Thanks for stopping by this weeks Book Club Thursday where we will be Clearing Off The Shelves. Each month my fellow bloggers and I each pick a book that's been on the shelf for over six months so that we can make room...for more books! It must also have a topic from the list below. For myself this month, I chose a story about a COP for a hero: FRISK ME by Lauren Layne.

Contemporary Romance
Historical Romance
Paranormal Romance
Romantic Suspense
Hardcover or Trade
Any Series or Category (Harlequin or Silhouette..etc)
Cops/FBI
Cowboys
Highlanders
Shifters
Sports Themed



FRISK ME by Lauren Layne
Published July, 2015
Forever


Officer Luc Moretti had no idea that his dive into the East River would have him drowning in a media frenzy. No matter how many times he tells reporters he was just doing his job, they're determined to make him into NYC's newest hero. Coming from a long line of NYPD's finest, Luc knows that being a cop has nothing to do with headlines and viral videos, and he's more than ready to get back to life away from the cameras—until he meets the gorgeous but jaded journalist assigned to film a TV special on him.

Ava Sims may be the only woman in NYC who isn't in love with Officer Moretti. That's why she's going after the real story—to find out about the man behind the badge. Ava's determined to keep things strictly professional, but the more time she spends around Luc, even she has to admit there's something about a man in uniform . . . and she can't wait to get him out of his.


I must admit that I hemmed and hawed when this book came out last summer, 2015. It's not about the author, because Lauren Layne is a sexy fun favorite author. It's more that I have tons of authors to choose from for my blog for reviews sent from the publishers and promo companies that I review for. 

     So what did I do? I postponed this book for a while. Being a sometimes out of the box girl, I later chose the third book in the series to read and review, CUFF ME. I loved it and the hero Vin, one of the Moretti brothers. So yes, I had to go out and buy the first two books to read which leads us to the first, FRISK ME. 

     Phew!

     I love this series and the Moretti family as a whole. They are a loud and boisterous italian family living in NYC and being a cop runs in their blood. Luc is the youngest of the brothers and his rescue of a child is caught on film. He is soon ordered to let a journalist tag along with him because its good press for the NYCPD.

Luc is a great guy. He didn't save the child for glory, but because it's his job and the right thing. He's pretty humble and could live without the extra attention. His brothers love ribbing him. I loved visiting the Moretti's, especially gramma Nonna. The teasing and family banter is a bright light in the story.

Now Ava is another thing. She was harder to like and I don't know if she was redeemed. She starts off hard and entitled (aka beotch) because Luc gave her a ticket three years before. When she is assigned to write a story about Luc, she decides she's going to dig deeper and see if he has secrets. Yes, there is nothing like planning to use someone to get an on the job promotion. She ends up doing him wrong, despite discovering how wrong she has been about him. I don't know that she groveled enough to make it up to Luc, but the heart wants what it wants, and he forgives her. Heck, he's the one that has to live with her.

So all in all, Frisk Me is a great start to the series. I love the Moretti's and though my heart belongs to Vin and his story, I enjoyed this fun and sassy read. Only two more brothers to go!

P. S. The guy on the cover is not the guy described in the book. When will the publishers ever learn?


Amazon                    B & N








Thanks for stopping by BCT. We love hearing from you. I hope that you will join us again next week, September 8th, when we will be having our Free Day. Until then, Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this book and when I reviewed it I too called out the heroine. However that's why I liked this book so much. It was nice to have people actually act like people in the real world do. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book and when I reviewed it I too called out the heroine. However that's why I liked this book so much. It was nice to have people actually act like people in the real world do. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review. I'm hoping to soon read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy it. They are a fun read.

      Delete