Thursday, April 28, 2016

4/28/16 Book Club Thursday:April Reading Challenge


Hi Readers! It's time for Book Club Thursday and it's time for the April Reading Challenge. 
Read A Book Recommended By A Friend.



In the first novel of Maya Rodale's stunning new series, an American heiress must learn to navigate London society and an infuriatingly irresistible rake . . .

Lord Darcy is the quintessential Englishman: wealthy, titled, impossibly proper, and horrified that a pack of Americans has inherited one of England's most respected dukedoms. But his manners, his infamous self-restraint, and his better judgment fly out the window when he finds himself with the maddening American girl next door.

Lady Bridget Cavendish has grand—but thwarted—plans to become a Perfect Lady and take the haute ton by storm. In her diary, Bridget records her disastrous attempts to assimilate into London high society, her adoration of the handsome rogue next door, her disdain for the Dreadful Lord Darcy, and some truly scandalous secrets that could ruin them all.

It was loathing at first sight for Lady Bridget and Lord Darcy. But their paths keep crossing . . . and somehow involve kissing. When Lady Bridget's diary goes missing, both Darcy and Bridget must decide what matters most of all—a sterling reputation or a perfectly imperfect love.



Lady Bridget's Diary is adorable! This historical romance is full of charm with a sassy heroine who had me thinking "you go girl!" It borrows situations from one of my favorite classics, Pride & Prejudice and mixes it up with "Americans." Never mind that their father was the spare brother to a Duke. Bridget and her sister's enter the mine field of the haute ton when their brother inherits their late uncle's title and estate.
     The humor flows with banter between the feisty Bridget and the uptight Mr. Darcy. Not the same Fitzwilliam Darcy, but with same uptight uber responsible ways because he is an important titled man too who realizes that it is time marry. He thinks he will probably wed his best friend's sister, but once he meets Bridget in a most unconventional (and Humourous) way, he can't get the unsuitable American out of his mind.
     I don't want to give anything away, I just want readers to pick this book up and read it. It has wonderful characters, charm, and lots of laughs. It also makes my blood bubble with the hypocrisy of the social elite and makes you root for the uneffected Bridget and her two sisters. Yes, there are some Mean Girl moments, too. The best are the heart-warming moments as you get more into the layers of the main characters, Bridget and Darcy. This books took me by surprise, from its lovely cover to my friend's review a few weeks back. Do yourself a favor, and read this book!





Review for Born to Read Books will be delayed until tomorrow!

Thank you for joining us this last week of April. We have a lot of great themes coming up for May. I hope that you stop by and share your favorites with your views and opinions. We love hearing from our readers. Don't forget to see what my friends picked for their Reading Challenge. See you next week!





5 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. I will be adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorites this year. I think you will like it too!

      Delete
  2. I loved loved loved this book. I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of my fave historicals this year. I am so picky with them, but I liked your review and the cover!

      Delete
  3. I loved loved loved this book. I'm glad you read it and enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete