Thursday, February 11, 2016

Book Club Thursday:Free Day!


Hi Readers! Welcome to this weeks Book Club Thursday. This week we bloggers at BCT are having a Free Day. I hope you enjoy!
     My selection this week is  a Review of: THE PERFECTLY PROPER PARANORMAL MUSEUM by Kristen Weiss.


Publishing Soon by Midnight Ink


When Maddie Kosloski’s career flatlines, she retreats to her wine-country hometown for solace and cheap rent. Railroaded into managing the local paranormal museum, she’s certain the rumors of its haunting are greatly exaggerated. But a new ghost may be on the loose. A fresh corpse in the museum embroils Maddie in murders past and present.

With her high school bully as one of the officers in charge, Maddie doubts justice will be served. When one of her best friends is arrested, she’s certain it won’t be.

Maddie grapples with ghost hunters, obsessed taxidermists, and the sexy motorcyclist next door as outside forces threaten. And as she juggles spectral shenanigans with the hunt for a killer, she discovers there truly is no place like home.



My Review & Thoughts

I admit, I was in for something a little different and the title grabbed me. Although I mainly read romance and all it's sub-genres, I do love a cozy mystery once in a while with the double-entendre titles and the catchy covers. It also has to have a paranormal thread and a romance element. 
     This story is a quirky fun read. Maddie lost her job and she returns to her hometown for a while where one of her bffs talks her into running a goofy and rundown paranormal museum. Part of the museum is being changed into a coffee shop, so there are lots of people coming and going. Unfortunately, soon as Maddie takes over as manager, they find the body of her friends ex's new girlfriend. 
     Soon Maddie finds that she must help find the killer after they arrest her friend. Maddie is also getting threats from someone who doesn't want the museum to stay open. There are a lot of crazy characters coming and going including ghost hunters and a hunky, yet surly motorcycle mechanic next door. There is also a persnickety cat who lives at the museum who seems to see ghosts. For me, I thought this was an enjoyable read and I hope this is the first of many stories to come in the series.





Thanks for stopping by I hope you join us again next week, February 18th, when we will be Catching Up with author Kresley Cole. Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds cute. Nice review. I love the cover of it. I don't read cozy mysteries but wouldn't mind this one being a tv show/movie. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete