Thursday, December 10, 2015

Book Club Thursday: Our Favorite & Least Favorite Reading Challenges For 2015



Hi Book Club Thursday Readers! I hope that you are all having fun this holiday season. It's hard to believe that we are ushering in a new year in just a few short weeks. My fellow bloggers and I thought we would each take a few minutes to remember some of our favorite and not so favorite Reading Challenges of 2015. 


First up: My Top Two Favorite  Reading Challenges picks for 2015



WHEN WE MET by Susan Mallery
September choice for: A Book With A Place You Would Like To Live

New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery invites you back to Fool's Gold, where a newcomer to town might finally meet the man she never knew she needed… 
     Angel Whittaker earned his scars the hard way, but the scars that can't be seen are the ones that haunt him the most. Since he moved to Fool's Gold, California, he's cobbled together a life for himself as a bodyguard trainer. If he's not exactly happy, at least his heart is safe. 
     Working with pro-football superstars taught tough-talking PR woman Taryn Crawford one thing—she can go toe to toe with any man. But then dark, dangerous former Special Ops Angel targets her for seduction…and challenges her to resist his tempting kisses. 
Even in four-inch heels, Taryn never backs down. Unless, somehow, Angel can convince her that surrender might feel even better than victory. 

I love Fool's Gold and this is one of my favorite stories in the whole series! Taryn is a one of a kind heroine and sparks flew between her and Angel. The snarky dialogue had me in stitches!

*     *     *     *     *     


A COWBOY's CHRISTMAS PROMISE By Maggie McGinnis
My February choice for : A Book With A Single Father

In a captivating novel spiced with holiday magic—perfect for fans of Rachel Gibson, Susan Mallery, and Molly O’Keefe—a rugged Montana man mends a Northeast girl’s jaded heart.

     Boston veterinarian Hayley Scampini tends the city’s pampered pets but dreams of the rural life of a country vet. She’s single and determined to stay that way, convinced that love isn’t permanent enough to trust. Then a vacation to the Whisper Creek dude ranch introduces her to Daniel McKee, a sexy single dad who runs the kind of veterinary practice she aspires to—and rattles her conviction to keep men at a distance.

     Managing a thriving practice, coping with the loss of his wife, and fighting a custody battle with his in-laws over his twin daughters, Daniel couldn’t be more overwhelmed. Hayley is a godsend, accompanying him in the field and winning over his girls. It doesn’t take Daniel long to realize he’s falling for this woman, hard and fast. So before Hayley returns to Boston, he extracts a promise: that she will return to Whisper Creek for Christmas. It’s the perfect time and place to show Hayley that the promise of a beautiful life together is something she can believe in.

So I read it in February. And I loved it. To me, it's what Christmas is about-love and family!

*     *     *     *     *     


 Honorable Mention: The story was just okay, but I love this cover!

*     *     *     *     *    


 My Least Favorite Picks For Reading Challenge 2015:



PURE ABANDON By Jeannine Colette
My November Choice:
A Book With A 2 Star or less rating in RT magazine or Goodreads.

This was a hard pick, I try to read books that I want to enjoy and love. I found this in RT magazine and it was listed as erotic and 2 stars. The only thing I liked was the cover. To me, adultery in marriage is not erotic and this was in the wrong category. I admit to skimming through a lot of it, it was just not for me. It was more soap opera mainstream novel. This is just my opinion. Many readers on Goodreads gave it 4 and 5 stars. Different strokes, I say.

We had a little bit of a schedule change this week for BCT. So here is a look at the E-book we will be giving away for next week:


YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE . . .
The last thing J.T. Rafferty expected when he awoke from a concussion was to find a beautiful stranger tending to his wounds. She’d saved his life, but the lovely Caitlan Daniels had some serious explaining to do – like how she’d ended up on his isolated ranch, miles from civilization. Despite his wariness, J.T. is increasingly drawn to Caitlan. She is passionate and independent and utterly enchanting – but Caitlan also has a secret. And when J.T. finally discovers the shocking truth, he’ll have to defy heaven and earth to keep her close to his heart.




Thank you readers for joining us here at Book Club Thursday. My fellow bloggers and I love hearing from you. Join us again next week, December 17th for our E-book Giveaway of KISS OF AN ANGEL by Janelle Denison. Don't forget to stop by and see what my friends have chosen for their Favorite and Non-Favorite Reading Challenges this year. I hope you all have something good to read and relax with during the hustle and bustle of the Holidays.  Have a great week!

My Book Club Thursday Partners:

Born to Read Books-Cyndi                                                 Romancing the Readers-Ann


4 comments:

  1. Nice post! It was fun seeing which challenges you liked or didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. Yes it was. I liked the majority of my picks!

      Delete
  2. 2015 was a um challenging year of challenges-some more than others! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2015 was a um challenging year of challenges-some more than others! Lol

    ReplyDelete