Thursday, October 1, 2015

Book Club Thursday: BITE ME!


Hi Readers! This week at BCT we say for this weeks topic- BITE ME!



Back in the day, vampires, werewolves, etc. were only featured in horror books and movies. Then back in the early 1990's, a few brave romance authors began to see the possibilities in having the baddies actually be the hero/romantic hero. So to our paranormal romance fans, we ask who would you like to bite you? A sexy vamp musician, a demon doctor, a lion shifter who dances the rumba? How about a bear shifter that plays pro hockey? Yep, all of these have brought many a female heart to flutter in the world of fiction.
     Trying to pick a favorite though, was not as easy as I thought. I've become a fan of most paranormal heroes. Well, except zombies. So it was hard to narrow down a choice. Finally, my mind kept coming back to the cats. There is something about the power in that sleek shifter. The way their eyes glow and the sensuous way they move. The way they claim and protect their mate .And lucky us, there are now tons of stories to fill this type of fantasy read.


These are a few of my favorite shifter authors. I know that there are so many more to choose from. Christine Feehan has her Leopard series, females are hard to find and many of the males have gone feral. In this world, it's hard to find a male that they can trust.
     Nalini Singh has written a powerful and sophisticated world of shifters and humans whose minds are linked on a complicated grid. The series gets better and better with each book which is amazing since the first book is perfect!
     For more light-hearted stories, Shelly Laurenston is the queen. Her stories are snarky and laugh out loud funny. Her stars may have human bodies, but they have animal instincts in play, fighting, and love. While one lion brother loves to rumba, his younger brother is a cop that worries about his hair...or mane depending on your point of view. 
     
So who would you like to take a bite? A cuddly bear, a sleek panther or maybe a dragon? I hope you tell us some of your favorites paranormal heroes. Stop on by my fellow BCT bloggers to see who they selected.



Join us next week at BCT for our October Reading Challenge! October 8th, 2015

5 comments:

  1. I too love those authors. After reading your post I need to read a shifter book! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on a shifter kick lately. Love them!

      Delete
  2. I agree. I feel the need for a paranormal read. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I feel the need for a paranormal read. Lol

    ReplyDelete