Thursday, July 30, 2015

Book Club Thursday-July 30th, 2015 Read Our Historical Reviews!


Hi Readers. Welcome back to this weeks BCT. To finish out this month, my fellow bloggers and I decided we each would review a new historical romance read. I picked WHAT A WALLFLOWER WANTS by Maya Rodale.



In the third novel in Maya Rodale's charming Wallflower series, London's Least Likely to Be Caught in a Compromising Position finds temptation in a devilishly handsome stranger . . .
Miss Prudence Merryweather Payton has a secret.

     Everyone knows that she's the only graduate from her finishing school to remain unwed on her fourth season—but no one knows why. With her romantic illusions shattered after being compromised against her will, Prudence accepts a proposal even though her betrothed is not exactly a knight in shining armor. When he cowardly pushes her out of their stagecoach to divert a highwayman, she vows never to trust another man again.
John Roark, Viscount Castleton, is nobody's hero.
     He's a blue-eyed charmer with a mysterious past and ambitious plans for his future—that do not include a wife. When he finds himself stranded at a country inn with a captivating young woman, a delicate dance of seduction ensues. He knows he should keep his distance. And he definitely shouldn't start falling in love with her.
    When Prudence's dark past comes back to haunt her, John must protect her—even though he risks revealing his own secrets that could destroy his future. 



This is my first time reading a novel by Maya Rodale and it won't be my last.  It is also the finale to the Bad Boys and Wallflowers Trilogy. It's a heart-felt story filled with emotion and you can't help but admire heroine Prudence's strength after a a couple of horrible things happen to her after coming out into society.A society filled with plenty of double standars, especially regarding the female gender. Prue feels she can no longer trust men nor God and instead relies on only herself.
      That is until she meets John Roark. He is handsome and charming and someone she should ignore. He comes to her rescue and gently shows her that not all men are bad. Unfortunately even he has secrets so things aren't always smooth between them. 
     This is a good novel and I liked the chemistry between John and Prue and the playful banter between them. John came to her at the right time in her life and proved that she didn't have to face the rest of her life alone, especially since she hadn't done anything wrong. 
     I won this book on Goodreads. Now that I know how good this story is, I think I may have to venture to the bookstore to see about the first two books.


     Thanks for stopping by this week. I hope you enjoyed the review and want to share some of your favorite historical romance authors. Check out my friends' blogs, too. I can't wait to see what they picked.
     Next week, August 6th, we will be keeping our blogs, KID FRIENDLY! Stop back for a visit.


2 comments:

  1. I will admit I've never tried her before. I might have to add her to the list. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have quite a few of hers. I like what I've read but I'm behind

    ReplyDelete