Thursday, July 9, 2015

BCT: July Reading Challenge 2015


Hi Readers. Welcome back to this weeks Book Club Thursday and our monthly Reading Challenge. For myself, I have picked: Read a Book With a Color In The Title. And that book is BLACK AND BLUE by Gena Showalter. I must say that this is one of my most favorite covers ever! Can you tell my favorite color is blue?

He is every woman’s fantasy…
Corbin Blue is a man of many talents. One of the most powerful otherworlders ever born, he is wealthy, a professional football star, and a legend in the bedroom. But only a select few know he is also a black ops agent…and there is no better killer. When he and his crew are attacked and separated, he’s forced to turn to his boss’s daughter for help—a woman with even more secrets than Blue.

She becomes his only obsession…
Evangaline Black has always been wary, guarded. No man has ever breeched her walls. Until Blue. He has never been denied something he wants, and now, he’s decided he wants her. As he sweeps her into his double life of seduction, intrigue, and danger, he helps her see beyond the darkness of her own past. But as an enemy closes in, Blue will have to let Evie go to keep her safe—even though he'd rather die than live without her… 

My take on the book.
I love books by Gena Showalter. This series has snarky humor, a touch of paranormal, and one of the craziest hero/heroine couples that I have ever read. In the beginning of the book, Corbin and Evie didn't like each other very much and I admit I wasn't liking them too much either. Sometimes they got on each others nerves and acted like eleven year olds in middle school. Patience I thought to myself. Eventually that patience pays off. By the middle of the book, you begin to understand why they each acted as they did whether working undercover for Evie's dad Michael, or socially. The quirky humor in this book kept me turning those pages and I am glad that I continued on and you end up enjoying this unconventional couple.

I'm glad that you stopped by and I hope you liked my review. Don't forget to stop by next week when we will be giving away an E-copy of one of the BCT picks this month. Now, check out what my fellow BCT buddies have picked this month!

Born to Read Books-Cyndi
Romancing the Readers -Ann

4 comments:

  1. Love this cover. Isn't this part of that one series though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It the 2nd book in the Otherworld Assassins series. I think it might be a spin off of the Alien Huntress series.

      Delete
  2. It is a very bright blue! I really like her books!

    ReplyDelete