Thursday, June 18, 2015

Review For CURVEBALL by Teresa Michaels June 3rd, 2015



About The Book:

Breanne Sullivan’s world has been turned upside down. In the midst of an investigation surrounding her husband, Breanne returns to the corporate world she left years ago to raise her children. Now, a required business trip places her on Innovation Airways’ maiden flight sitting next to pitching sensation and self-proclaimed bachelor, Drew Scott.

Drew is charismatic, devastatingly handsome and has never encountered a woman he couldn’t have. That is, until he meets Breanne, whose attempts to deny the intense attraction they share only fuels Drew’s determination not to take no for an answer. But when the flight veers off-course and an unfathomable sequence of events forces them to rely on each other in a race for their lives, intentions quickly change. High-tech travel turns into a game of survival that invites temptation and threatens to push their desires over the edge.

He’s a tempting distraction she has to resist. She’s an unexpected challenge he’s determined to have at least once. The question is, if she gives in will he be able to let her go?



My Review:
     Wow, what a ride! This is a story that has it all with plenty twists and turns that keep the excitement level up high. Written in 1st person, each chapter alternates with the H/H POV's. And what a story it is.
     Widowed mother Breanne has just returned to the work-force and must hurriedly book another flight with a new airline because of a mistake by her assistant. Here she meets superstar pitcher Drew Scott. He is young, great looking, cocky and has women after him like bees on honey. After a rocky start, these two agree to spend the flight on friendly terms.
     Danger arrives as their flight crashes under mysterious circumstances and they find themselves on the run as the only survivors. While trying to make it back to civilization, they find that they don't know who to put their trust in, except each other.
     The attraction between Breanne and Drew sizzles as does the breezy pace of the story. She is tough and level headed. You see thru Drew's cocky facade and see his true mettle as he finds himself falling for the young widow. And just when you think you see the light at the end of the tunnel, Ms Michaels throws you a "curveball" with an exciting cliffhanger ending. 
     Did I mention that this was first in a series? Book #2 in the  Curveball series entitled RUNDOWN will be coming out soon. I know I can't wait to read it.




Buy Links:                  Amazon          B & N


EXCERPT:
* Excerpt used with permission from the author. I also had to postpone my review from a previous date. Enjoy this excerpt!

     Gazing out the window I notice the sun has
risen. With no clouds in sight it is truly a beautiful fall
day. I lose myself in thought, daydreaming about the
kids who are still probably getting ready for school. I
close my eyes and sigh to myself. I forgot to ask Sarah
to make sure the kids wear their coats. Typical New
England weather during the shift from summer to fall
requires a coat in the morning and short sleeves by
noon. I roll my eyes for worrying - Sarah will take
care of it. They will be fine. Even if it’s forced, time
away is healthy, right?
     I take a deep breath and am about to open my
eyes when the hair on my arms stands on end. I hear
someone talking, and I think they are talking to me.
But what has caught my attention is that I felt this            
strangers presence before his voice was heard. I open
my eyes and turn my head to see a very tall man with
jet black hair poking out from under a weathered Red
Sox hat, and striking bright blue eyes standing in
front of the empty seat next to mine and facing
towards me. If my jaw wasn’t clenched I swear I’d be
drooling.
     While he appears to be in his late twenties, his
wardrobe suggests he’s younger. He’s wearing a snug,
white long-sleeve shirt that shows his muscular
defnition, with dark, faded jeans that look like they
were tailored specifcally for him and a pair of
sneakers. He also has a bright red shirt slung over his
arm. I know that I haven’t met him before but he
looks oddly familiar.
     “Excuse me,” he says pulling me from my
thoughts quickly so that I’m forced to meet his stare.
“I think you’re sitting in my seat,” he says politely,
flashing a dazzling smile.

* I received an ARC from the author in Exchange for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I have read this author but you make it sound so good!

    ReplyDelete