Thursday, February 12, 2015

Book Club Thursday: Reading Challenge for February


     Hi and welcome back to Book Club Thursday. Today, my fellow bloggers and I are posting our reviews for what we each picked for this month's reading challenge. You can click on the tab above to see what we will be choosing each month from the list.


Romancing the Readers-Ann
Born to Read Books-Cyndi

     This month I picked for my challenge: A BOOK WITH A SINGLE FATHER. My choice is A COWBOY'S CHRISTMAS PROMISE by Maggie McGinnis.




BLURB:


In a captivating novel spiced with holiday magic—perfect for fans of Rachel Gibson, Susan Mallery, and Molly O’Keefe—a rugged Montana man mends a Northeast girl’s jaded heart.

Boston veterinarian Hayley Scampini tends the city’s pampered pets but dreams of the rural life of a country vet. She’s single and determined to stay that way, convinced that love isn’t permanent enough to trust. Then a vacation to the Whisper Creek dude ranch introduces her to Daniel McKee, a sexy single dad who runs the kind of veterinary practice she aspires to—and rattles her conviction to keep men at a distance.
Managing a thriving practice, coping with the loss of his wife, and fighting a custody battle with his in-laws over his twin daughters, Daniel couldn’t be more overwhelmed. Hayley is a godsend, accompanying him in the field and winning over his girls. It doesn’t take Daniel long to realize he’s falling for this woman, hard and fast. So before Hayley returns to Boston, he extracts a promise: that she will return to Whisper Creek for Christmas. It’s the perfect time and place to show Hayley that the promise of a beautiful life together is something she can believe in.

My Review:

     Yes, I know that Christmas is over, but this book kept calling to me and since it fit into one of our challenge picks, I figured "why not?" Maggie McGinnis is a new author to me and I must say that I wished I had read this wonderful story sooner.
     What a feel-good story! It was warm and charming and everything a Christmas romance should be. Hayley, a veterinarian who specializes in pampered pets in big city Boston, heads west to Whisper Creek for her best friends wedding. There she meets the widowed father to twin daughters, Daniel, also part of the wedding party and also a veterinarian to the ranchers large animals. They both are attracted to each other, but each has their own reasons for not getting involved.
     I felt the chemistry between the two characters instantly. And Ms McGinnis paints a wonderful picture of the modern west and its people. Daniel's daughters are cute and sweet and the rest of the characters  complete the picture. Neither Hayley or Daniel were looking for love, but with the magic of Christmas, they find the happiness they deserve. 
     I loved Ms McGinnis writing and I am definitely going to go back and read the first book in this romantic series.

I hoped you liked visiting us this week. I can't wait to see what my friends picked for their challenge. And how about you? We love hearing from you.
     Join us next week, February 19th, when we will have a Giveaway of one of this weeks challenge stories.
     
      
     

2 comments:

  1. I read a book by her but I just can't remember the title right now. This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete