Thursday, December 4, 2014

Book Club Thursday: Like A Virgin! December 4th, 2014




Welcome back to this weeks edition of Book Club Thursday. This week, my fellow bloggers and I are writing about a very human and personal topic: Like A Virgin. How do you feel about a heroine that's a virgin or even a hero for that matter? We know that this is a busy time of year, so we appreciate your stopping by and sharing your opinions.



     I don't have a preference one way or another if the main character is a virgin or not, especially if it is well written and you care for the person. It it something personal in each persons life, and the writer has to make it believable in today's "in your face" modern society. Most reasons a person is still a virgin, particularly if is someone a little older is because of religion, shyness, or perhaps a physical disability or some other trauma. Diana Palmer writes tons of virgin stories, there were more virgins per capita in Jacobsville than any another place in the world with plenty of millionaire cowboys willing to help cure the heroine with that particular affliction. 
     Harder to find are male virgin romances, but there are a few out there. Because of this age of isms, it was hard trying to find male virgin heroes on search engines. The PC police have changed things like mailman to mail person, so it took a while to find a few examples of male virgin heroes. They are outnumbered at least a hundred thousand to one. LOL I've read a few, but that was years ago and I read too much to remember everything.The most recent that I recall are The Last Male Virgin by Katherine Deauxville and Under Fire by Jo Davis. Both are contemporary. It seems that there are a lot more male virgins written by historical authors. So I am going to check my huge TBR pile and pull out Untouched, a historical romance by Anna Campbell, if I can find it, and then review it in the future. I will share the blurb with you now. And please, let us at BCT know what you think of this weeks topic, and maybe you can add a title or two.
     Join my friends at BCT and I next week, December 11th when our topic is: The book I Can't Wait For Coming Out In 2015!

1502191

Published by AVON
Available now

                                   
BLURB:

"I am many things," Lord Sheene said. "Kind is not one of them."

Beautiful Grace Paget has no reason not to believe these words. After all, she was kidnapped, spirited away to a remote country manor, and told she is to grant this man his every desire . . . or lose her life. But Grace is no common trollop. So she risks everything to save her virtue by planning a daring escape, even though she finds herself tempted by this handsome man. There is something in his eyes that makes her wonder if he is as dangerous as he would have her believe.

Sheene knew nothing of the plan to bring him this woman. Locked up as a prisoner, called "mad" by all of the world, he will do anything to reclaim his life, and Grace's sensuous beauty has distracted him from his goals. And although he finds her irresistible, he is horrified to hold her against her will. Now, together, they must both revolt against the strange set of circumstances that have forced them together—for only then will Grace truly surrender to him . . . forever.



4 comments:

  1. Nice post. I don't always mind virgins either. It's all on how it's written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure. Some things authors are really very dated writing about virgins.

      Delete
  2. NOW I want to read Untouched! LOL I may need to borrow yours, although I may have this book packed away... if I recall Chris recommended it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked her first book. I hope it's good.

      Delete