Thursday, June 26, 2014

Book Club Thursday Reviews: The Dom Project by Heloise Belleau and Solace Ames


18753696


Welcome back to this week's Book Club Thursday. Summer is here so we decided to review something HOT and Steamy. Join my fellow bloggers and I as we review THE DOM PROJECT by Heloise Belleau and Solace Ames. This weeks story is for ages 21+.


Blurb:

By day, Robin Lessing has a successful career as a university archivist. By night, she blogs about her less-than-successful search for Mr. Tall, Dark and Dominant. Living up to her handle "The Picky Submissive," she's on the verge of giving up and settling for vanilla with a side of fuzzy handcuffs when she discovers her best friend and colleague has a kinky side, too.

Sexy, tattooed techie John Sun is an experienced Dom who never lacks for playmates, male or female. If he can't satisfy Robin's cravings, maybe no one can—after all, he knows her better than anyone. So he offers to help her master the art of submission for one month.

Robin eagerly agrees to John's terms, even the pesky little rule forbidding any friendship-ruining sex. But rules are made to be broken, and once they begin their stimulating sessions, it's not long before she's ready to beg him for more—much more…





My Review:

I wanted to love this story, I know that it sounded like a good idea. I like friends to lovers stories, but somehow this one was just okay to me. It started out fine, long-time friends with a sassy relationship and a little humor. Robin writes an anonymous blog called The Picky Submissive and then John finds out and they decide to explore her desire to be a submissive. It just so happens that John is a Dom. They create a contract to explore for a period of four weeks, each a little wary that it might wreck their friendship. Sadly, the story just never took off. It had some sexy moments, but it also had a lot of distracting ones, too. i. e. John's family.
     Something was definitely missing. BDSM stories for me should be sensuous. I never felt that with this one. I liked John okay, but his DOM was never the dark, mysterious alpha that I prefer. Robin, the supposed submissive always seemed to question him, maybe she should have explored her inner dominatrix. And both characters sometimes felt a little "youngish" to me. If you like BDSM light, then this may be for you. Otherwise, it would be hard to recommend.


I can't wait to see what my fellow Book Club Thursday bloggers wrote. Please tell us your thoughts below. And don't forget to come back next week, July3, 2014. We have a free day and will each pick our own topic, free style.






2 comments:

  1. It was very light in the bdsm department. I felt it was missing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. It looks like all 3 of us felt that way.

      Delete