Thursday, April 3, 2014

Book Club Thursday: Not Another Holiday Book!





Hi and welcome back to this weeks Book Club Thursday. This week we have selected NOT ANOTHER HOLIDAY BOOK for our theme. Do you love them or hate them? We have many holidays in this country, but only a few are really covered in the romance industry. There are a few for New Years Day, Mother's Day, and the pickings are slim for Thanksgiving and most of the rest. Would you really buy a book for $7.99 set on Groundhogs Day, lol. The big three that thrive in the romance world are Valentine's Day, Halloween (paranormals get things rolling) and the big Kahuna...CHRISTMAS!
     So yes, I am a sucker for holiday romances. Valentine's day is nice to read about because it's cold outside and what is better than being snuggled on the couch and reading a good love story? The holiday season starts for me when the paranormal romances start coming out in September leading the way for romantic reading Halloween thru Christmas and New Years. This week, I am going to share some of my favorite romances with you. 
287635

11886768017016170345Some Enchanted Season (Bethlehem, #2)


13529577

24193521418290





16181686                                         









So I guess for me, it's a big YES to holiday stories, especially Christmas. They are a big part of my holiday downtime. Besides full size stories, there are plenty of anthologies filled with novellas of holiday romances. There is something comforting about sharing the holidays with a new couple or revisiting a special town from a favorite series you have been reading for years and catching up with favorite characters. Jennifer Ashley's MacKenzies and Christine Feehan's Carpathians as well as Drake sisters are three of my longtime favorites and there are hundreds more to an avid read like myself. I am happy revisiting them and their growing families at holiday time.
     Thanks for checking out our blogs this week. Let us know how you feel about Holiday stories in the comment box below. I can't wait to see what my fellow bloggers wrote and I hope that you stop by and check their blogs,too.



3 comments:

  1. You picked some really nice books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many to choose. I just know I look forward to October thru January for holiday reads.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to the being able to read themed books during those months

    ReplyDelete