Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book Club Thursday- Our Wild Card Picks!



Book Club Thursday is back and this week my fellow bloggers and I decided to do a Wild Card theme meaning we each pick our own story and theme this week. This has been a long, cold, dreary winter so I was in the mood for something hot. And sexy. And hot. These stories are for age 21+. In just a few days, an anthology called Hot Shots will be hitting the stores. Due to time constraints, I am only reviewing the first story Fired Up by Anne Marsh this week. I plan to review the other stories by authors Lynn LaFleur and Stacey Kennedy as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy the review and feel free to leave your comments below. I don't know what my friends picked either, so I can't wait to see their blogs. Please join them at the links below. And thanks for checking out Book Club Thursday.

Romancing the Readers-Ann

Born To Read Books-Cyndi





beautiful flame vector clip 03



18051942





BLURB:

"Fired Up" by Anne Marsh

Hannah Green watches for wildfires from an isolated fire tower in Sequoia National Park by day and radios Cajun firefighter Cole Henry at night to share carnal fantasies hot enough to start a forest fire. . .

My Review:

This novella was short and spicy hot.  As Hannah watches for fires during the day, at night she has been making sparks on a radio with a sexy cajun firefighter named Cole who's base-camp is fifty miles away. One night her radio goes out during a thunderstorm and a concerned Cole decides to help the isolated woman of his fantasies out by going to meet her and getting the radio working again. Cole has a rule, he only does one night stands, but when he meets Hannah, is there something that might make him bend those rules? 

I was given an ARC of this book by Net Galley for an honest review.


Available in print and ebook February 25th, 2014


Barnes and Noble

Amazon

3 comments:

  1. I will have to check it out. I've read other books by Anne Marsh. Nice pick for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good and sexy for a 54 page novella.
    I have her books, but this the first time I have read her and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover and it's always good when a novella shines!

    ReplyDelete