Thursday, January 23, 2014

A "Dreamy" Adult Read at Book Club Thursday, January 23, 2014!

Welcome back to Book Club Thursday. This week we have selected a short, sensual novella by Isobelle Cate, a new Indie author. I hope you enjoy finding new reads each week and I hope you enjoy our reviews. Please leave a comment below and come back next week to Book Club Thursday.

Romancing the Readers-Ann

Born To Read Books-Cyndi *

Review delayed


This weeks review pick:

18247337





BLURB:

Alec and Tamsyn know they are meant to be together though they have never met. And yet their passion for each other consumes them when they dream.

Alec knows that Tamsyn is the woman for him, but finding her at the moment is an impossibility. Or is it?

After resigning from her job, Tamsyn takes a break in Scotland when she feels the presence of the man who haunts her dreams. He is tangibly near and in Edinburgh. The sex they have in her sleeping moments becomes more real. But how can she find him in the streets of Edinburgh when the only thing she remembers is his touch, his scent, his passion?

My Review:
All in all I enjoyed Ms Cate's novella. I like the concept of finding your true love in erotic dreams. I felt the story had a romantic fairy tale quality to it. My main problem with it was I wished I could have learned a bit more about the couple, Tamsyn and Alec. It was rather pricey for such a short novella and I felt the author could have given the readers a little more information to the couple's romance. That's the bad thing about novellas. They leave you wanting more.

E-book Available now at Amazon


                                                                                          

Author Info:


Isobelle Cate is a woman who wears different masks. Mother-writer, wife-professional, scholar-novelist. Currently living in Manchester, she has been drawn to the little known, the secret stories, about the people and the nations: the English, the Irish, the Scots, the Welsh, and those who are now part of these nations whatever their origins. Her vision and passion are fuelled by her interest and background in history and paradoxically, shaped by growing up in a clan steeped in lore, loyalty, and legend.
Isobelle is intrigued by forces that simmer beneath the surface of these cultures, the hidden passions, unsaid desires, and yearnings unfulfilled.
Visit Isobelle on:

3 comments:

  1. I felt it was over-priced too. It was way to short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too short and needed to be fleshed out. I would like to know more of the paranormal element to it. Why were they dreaming of each other, Fate, etc. Things were left unanswered. I liked it but, it was overpriced for the length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Not enough for the price.

    ReplyDelete